Thursday 3 May 2012

Chelsea 0 - 2 Newcastle: 4th place hopes vanished

03 May 2012 04.46 GMT+8
EPL: Papiss Cisse - Branislav Ivanovic - John Terry, Chelsea v Newcastle United

       A bad, bad day for all Chelsea fans. Certainly all of us will be feeling the blues right now. Two absolutely stunning goals practically ended our hopes for 4th place. This is our first home defeat under RDM. And it certainly didn't come at the right time. It was a very crucial game, and now our hopes of finishing fourth basically vanished.

       The first half was a very bad game for us. I believe somehow that RDM made a mistake tactically. No creativity from the middle, no powerful runs from the sides. Only Torres, as far as I'm concerned, showed immense work rate and determination, and skill too. But there was no support anywhere else. Then came the goal in the 19th minute which was a stunning left-foot strike. I was left watching the remaining of the half with a frowny face.

       Unfortunately that had to continue until, well, now. The second half was practically the reverse of what happened in the UCL semifinal. We were attacking all the time, having more possession, unable to find goals. The introduction of Mata, Drogba, and Lampard strengthen our team more and more. Unfortunately we can't find the goal, and the 90th minute absolute stunner from Cisse basically ended the tie (similar to the Torres goal at Nou Camp).

       I somehow felt that it was kind of a tactical mistake by RDM. If we had started with Lampard and Mata, we may have got the game in our hands. The way they changed the dynamic of the game in the 2nd half was brilliant. I was never disappointed with Torres, Mata, and Lampard. But the likes of Sturridge, Meireles somehow dissapointed me. I don't know if RDM was really looking to rest players for the FA cup final, but this certainly wasn't how he planned it to be.

       So, our fourth place hopes, via the premier league, practically vanished. Now the remaining important games will be both finals to come. I was certainly pleased by how RDM turned the situation for the team recently. But as it stands, I fear, there is a chance for us to not win anything. In other words, if we lose in both finals, then we have nothing to celebrate for. And it may well be the end for RDM too.

       I honestly do not want to share this grief I feel with you readers. But as I have dedicated to CFC, I will have to share my thoughts and feelings as much as I can, unless there are some obstacles, etc. Anyway, let us hope that, as Newcastle bounced back from a crushing 4 - 0 defeat against WIgan, we may as well bounce back to win the FA cup final this Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed, and hope for the best!! #CFC

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment