Sunday 6 May 2012

Chelsea 2 - 1 Liverpool: The FA Cup is Blue Again!!

6 May 2012 02.36 GMT+8


Highlight:
http://footyroom.com/chelsea-2-1-liverpool-2012-05/

Chelsea hold off Liverpool to win FA Cup

       There is just too much joy in my mind right now. But the most significant comes from the "Blue is the Color" song being played when my favorite bunch of players are lifting up the FA cup all around New Wembley. My exams are over and I've just watched 'The Avengers' (which is a great movie by the way), but seeing CFC winning the FA cup for the 4th time in 6 years is just too much to stop me smiling.

       Honestly, it was not exactly the breathtaking match that I expected, but the tension was there, the feel was there. And 2 great strikes by 2 great players, and a great save by a great goalkeeper brings us a domestic silverware for this season. King of Wembley, Didier Drogba scored again. A great strike with his left foot. Man of the Match, Mata, was excellent throughout the game. Ramires' pace gifts us a goal for the opener yet again. And credit to Carroll who scored a great goal, and lifted Liverpool's game for the final half hour.

       We were playing as we were in the first hour, which was where I found our team deserving to win this silverware. But the Carroll really gave me a shock, and it really changed the course of the game. There was another goal-line controversy, but I think that the ref made a good call this time. It was a top-class save by Cech too.

       There is just too much joy in me right now and too little story of the game to tell. But certainly this is a great night for CFC yet again. So Torres gets to lift a trophy after all, and so do new boys Mata, Meireles, Ramires, and others. It's a 7th for Ash though. So many record being broken. And also Drogba being the first to score in four FA cup finals. It was great to see the likes of Terry, Lampard & Drogba up there being the first to lift the trophy. For nearly a decade now, it has been them all along. JT, Lamps, Drog, and Cech too. They have been winning trophies for Chelsea. Personally for me, they are like my heroes (especially Lampard, my first hero!).  

       Nevertheless, it was a great win for the whole team, all from the seniors to the new boys, the manager, the club, and the whole fans, including me. Hopefully we can also win the UCL to make it a perfect season. But this night is already good enough for me to feel proud yet again of my team Chelsea!! Blue is our Colour!! #CFC


TIPS: For those of you who have access to Chelsea TV, do watch from there after winning trophies next time. You can see their celebrations inside the dressing rooms, etc. It was a lot of fun!!

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment