Wednesday 21 November 2012

Farewell RDM...

Wednesday 21-11-2012 18.32 GMT+8


Roberto Di Matteo

          Yes, it's my birthday, and yes, we have probably just heard the most shocking statement we could have possibly expected. Not the birthday gift I wanted, but then again, I have had my best friends come to my room in the middle of the night and gave a hell of a surprise. I would like to take some time to thank them for their time and efforts to celebrate my birthday even in the midst of upcoming examinations. Thanks guys :)

          Okay, back to the news, well, maybe it's not totally surprising, but seriously considering the situation and position we have been, not to mention the feats we have achieved. I think we just felt the blow of how impatient our big boss really is, and certainly I very much disagree with the sacking of Roberto Di Matteo.

          I was just in the midst of studying when I took a break and decided to open FB for a while, and there it was, "Chelsea FC has parted company with manager Roberto Di Matteo this morning." And my initial expression was, "WTF?!?!?" Seriously??"

          And I guess that should sum up the whole article. I also looked into the comments on that very status, and what I see, was a whole bunch of Chelsea fans also feeling the same way I did. What I saw, among others, are "Is this the way to treat managers?", "Shame on CFC", "Impatient owner", "He didn't deserve this", "Too early", "Can't believe this", "Robbie's done a good job", "Best Manager after Mou", "RDM only had 5 bad games", "Wrong Decision", "RDM Forever..in the heart of Chelsea fans."

          In fact, nearly all the comments I read are all like those you saw above. And that practically sums up the feeling of Chelsea fans around the world, including me. He has won the UCL and FA Cup, and this season we are playing a brand new style of football, sitting at third in the BPL. And the season hasn't even been defined, much less, ended.

          I believe that this is much too early. Given what he had achieved, and the number of bad games and our current condition, and apparently, this is when we are having significant injuries. So, honestly, there just isn't enough justification for the board to sack RDM, but unfortunately the big boss is too impatient to see this, and it's so unfortunate for Robbie to get the axe.

          Now I don't know who will be manager (maybe victim) next. It could be Pep, could be Rafa, could be anybody. But I'm a Chelsea fan in and out, so I will definitely support the next man to take the hot seat, but I stand strong with my statement that this is a big mistake, sacking RDM, and most certainly, unethical. The club's image in front of football fans around the world is certainly not a good one.

          All in all, and I believe I will be speaking for all CFC fans for this one, we would like to thank RDM for what he has done for the club. The change he has brought, the historical trophy he has won, and yes he will remain in the hearts of Chelsea fans, and he will come down as one of the most memorable managers in the history of the club (And CFC will probably go down as the most controversial club in the world). Thank you Robbie!! All the best for your future!! #CFC

Links:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/11/21/3544395/chelsea-sack-di-matteo-after-juventus-defeat?source=breakingnews
http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2986865/title/statement-on-roberto-di-matteo

No comments:

Post a Comment